Global Digital Strategy
Manager, Design Thinking
Reporting to the Director, Digital Customer Experience (DCX), the Manager, Design Thinking will lead and manage our Design Thinking centre of excellence and Design Thinking Lab. The candidate will be responsible for communicating and evangelizing our client-centric Design Thinking methodology by collaborating with cross-functional team members through a formal process to understand and define client needs, iterate and prioritize opportunities, develop concepts to address these opportunities, and test them with clients to determine desirability.
The candidate will have a demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with a variety of business leaders, technology leaders, brand teams, and other key stakeholders to develop the mindset and practice of Design Thinking throughout the organization.
- Advocate for the Design Thinking methodology and lead the efforts of our Design Thinking Lab based on a customer-centered approach, including customer research, analysis, concept development , prototyping, and collecting user feedback to help inform digital strategy and project requirements.
- Working with the Manager, Digital UX Research create centralized assets across the enterprise including; digital personas, digital customer journey maps, empathy maps, workflows, and research reports. Leverage these assets to define new remarkable digital solutions and effectively demonstrate and communicate these solutions with key stakeholders and digital project teams.
- Identify innovation opportunities through a Design Thinking process that will improve the digital customer experience, leading to revenue growth and lead generation.
- Provide strategic guidance in support of the Design Thinking efforts by closely partnering with business units and understanding the direction and goals of the company’s Financial business.
- Work with training partners in HR and external vendors to develop programs to deepen the understanding and practice of Design Thinking within the organization.
- Collaborate with the DCX team to refine a scaling model Design Thinking by coaching business areas on their own projects using the Design Thinking methodology.
- Track and report on key performance indicators to Sr. Leadership. Evaluate and adjust measurement parameters based on valued impact to the organization.
- Build and maintain key relationships in Canada, US and Asia to share successes in Design Thinking and leverage other approaches.
- Define and incorporate relevant UX, web, and mobile usage research and leverage to appropriately inform design decisions.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, digital technology and advancements insuring SLF provides best in class services for our customers.
- Be an evangelist for DCX, Design Thinking and user experience practices across the company.
- Share DCX, Design Thinking and client-centric design best practices through educational and informal sessions across the organization.
- Develop content and activities for workshops with business, IT and Clients to uncover moments of truth through journeys, and brainstorm for innovation and design conceptual solutions.
- Facilitate workshops that can range in duration from 1 hour to 2 days.
- Occasional travel required between Toronto and Waterloo offices.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and design skills.
- Highly engaging, positive, motivated, organized and energetic.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the DCX, Design Thinking and user experience field.
- University degree or certification in User Experience and/or Design Thinking related field or equivalent work experience.
- Portfolio demonstrating impactful digital customer experience solutions that leveraged a Design Thinking process.
- Proven experience leading a Design Thinking process, including leading workshops and creating DCX related assets and deliverables.
- Experience ranging across multiple digital channels, including web, mobile (web and native applications), wearables and social channels.
- Strong knowledge and experience designing wireframes and interactive prototypes using industry software (e.g. Axure, Sketch, InVision)
- Experience partnering with diverse clients and various departments within a team environment. Agency/consulting experience a definite asset.
- Knowledge of current digital UX related standards and trends.
- Ability to successfully manage and deliver on multiple projects in a high-paced environment.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.