As a serial entrepreneur, I wanted to summarize 5 key things before thinking of becoming an entrepreneur.
Based on my personal experience, findings and research, here are the key things one should be aware of:
1. Ability to take on social pressure and the art to let it go
2. Be ready for a lot of grunt work
3. Get the right people on board and wrong people off the bus immediately
4. Ask for help – don’t be shy
5. Manage your cash flow – you need to cover your expenses for atleast a year
One should ask the question – what is the end game and how will one measure success. Is it all about making money or is it about freedom….or is there a third dimension which to me is the most important one i.e, the ability to find meaning in what you do.